ReverseConnect (Standard) Support E-mail Invitation
The ReverseConnect Support E-mail invitation is an efficient way for the Console user to invite a remote user who is new to Beyond Remote to quickly and easily download the necessary software and initiate a connection through their firewall/router to your Console, allowing you to perform any of the Beyond Remote functions on their computer.
Using the Remote Support E-mail Invitation
To initiate a remote support session, complete the information on the e-mail invitation window and click "send" to send an e-mail support invitation.
To initiate a remote support session:
1. Select the e-mail invitation button in the ReverseConnect window.
2. Complete the information in the e-mail invitation window and click "send" to send an e-mail support invitation.
Make sure you have selected "Start Listening" within ReverseConnect and that you have configured your router appropriately to accept incoming connection requests. To test your Internet connection, see the ReverseConnect IP Tools section.
The remote user will receive an e-mail that looks like the image on the right (except it will have you information in it).
When the remote user clicks on the link, the following will happen:
1. They will be asked to install the Beyond Remote Host on their computer.
2. Once installed, they will need to double-click on the Beyond Remote icon in their windows task bar ( ) to open the Beyond Remote Host.
3. Have the user click on "Remote Support" and enter your Internet IP address and your assigned ReverseConnect™ port (default is 5425) and click on "Connect to remote computer".
4. Their computer will ask them if they would like to allow you to connect to their computer, they must say yes to this in order to initiate the connection.
5. You will see them show up in the "Active Connections" window within the ReverseConnect™ window, select the connection and then select Actions to choose your desired action (Control Desktop, File Transfer, Chat, Disconnect) or simply double-click to begin controlling their computer.
6. The remote user will have the ability to disconnect at any time by selecting the "Disconnect" button on their screen (shown below).