ReverseConnect Professional Support Invite E-mail
ReverseConnect™ Professional is designed specifically for support professionals. ReverseConnect™ Professional:
Is licensed by the Console, not the Host - giving the Console user the ability to initiate an unlimited number of support sessions.
Runs a small file on your customer's machine without installing software, so there is no configuration and no software left behind after your support session. This file is custom configured via our web services to include your connection information, resulting in no pre-configuration by your customer.
To initiate a remote support session:
1. Select the e-mail invitation button in the ReverseConnect window.
2. Complete the information in the e-mail invitation window and click "send" to send an e-mail support invitation.
Make sure you have selected "Start Listening" within ReverseConnect and that you have configured your router appropriately to accept incoming connection requests. To test your Internet connection, see the ReverseConnect IP Tools section.
The remote user will receive an e-mail that looks like the image on the right (except it will have you information in it).
When the remote user clicks on the link, the following will happen:
1. They will be asked to run a file that is digitally signed by Data Apples Corporation, tell them to go ahead and click "Run". *Depending on their browser's security settings, they may need to select "OK" or "Run" more than once*
2. Their computer will ask them if they would like to allow you to connect to their computer, they must say yes to this in order to initiate the connection.
3. You will see them show up in the "Active Connections" window within the ReverseConnect™ window, select the connection and then select Actions to choose your desired action (Control Desktop, File Transfer, Chat, Disconnect) or simply double-click to begin controlling their computer.
4. The remote user will have the ability to disconnect at any time by selecting the "Disconnect" button on their screen (shown below).